Cranberry Caramel Bars
|Fresh cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs), divided|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs), divided|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Uncooked regular oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Chopped dates||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Caramel sauce||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
1. In a small bowl, combine the cranberries and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Keep aside.
2. Lightly grease a 13-inch by 9-inch pan with butter or oil
3. Preheat the over 350°F
4. In a large mixing bowl sift together the 2 cups flour and baking soda. Stir in the oats and sugars.
5. Drizzle butter into the mixture and stir until it resembles cake crumbs.
6. Reserve 1 cup of the crumble for topping and turn the rest into the pan and press firmly to line the bottom.
7. Combine the reserved topping with the caramel sauce and keep aside.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until the firm and lightly browned.
9. Top with the cranberries, dates and pecans.
10. Sprinkle the reserved topping-caramel mixture over the fruit and nuts
11. Continue baking for another 20 minutes until topping is golden
12. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.
13. Cut into squares, bars or diamonds.
14. Place in foil lined pastry cases and serve or wrap and include in food gift hampers.