Butterscotch Raisin Bars
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Grease a shallow pan about 7 by 10 inches
3. In a bowl, cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Blend in eggs.
5. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
6. Blend into creamed mixture.
7. Stir in the orange rind and raisins.
8. Pour the mixture into the greased pan.
9. Bake for approximately 30 to 35 minutes.
10. Cool in the pan before cutting.