Pineapple Scotch Bars
|Crushed pineapple||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Apricot jam||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In the saucepan, combine the pineapple and jam.
2) Blend together sugar and cornstarch and stir into the pineapple mix.
3) Gently cook, stirring constantly, till the mix is thick and clear.
5) In a bowl, sift together the flour, soda, and salt.
6) Add in the oats and brown sugar and mix.
7) Cut in the shortening till the mix resembles the consistency of breadcrumbs.
8) Pat half this mix into a 9-inch-square pan.
9) Add the pineapple filling over and spread evenly.
10) Press the remaining crumb mix over the top.
11) Place in the oven at 375° F and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
12) Serve as a healthy snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4069 Calories from Fat 1487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 169 g260.1%
Saturated Fat 41 g204.8%
Trans Fat 20.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1664.9 mg69.4%
Total Carbohydrates 623 g207.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.3 g105.1%
Sugars 325.5 g
Protein 49 g98.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 60.1%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 74.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet