Apple Spice Bars
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Apple||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
1) Grease and flour a 10 by 12-inch pan.
2) Combine the shortening and sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
3) Add in the egg and molasses and beat well.
4) Mix and sift the flour, baking powder, salt, soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
5) Mix in with the creamed mix, alternating with milk.
6) Add in the dates and diced apple.
7) Pour into a 10 by 12-inch pan.
8) Place in the oven at 350° F for 25 minutes. Cool.
9) Cut into 1 by 3-inch bars and roll in confectioners' sugar.
10) Store in a airtight container and serve as a healthy snack.