Toffee Cheesecake Bars
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese package||8 Ounce, softened|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Toffee candy bits||7 Ounce (1 Cup, Crushed)|
1. Lightly grease a 13-inch X 9-inch square baking tin with oil or butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and sugar and beat with an electric beater until well creamed.
4. Add the flour stir well to blend.
5. Fold in the nuts.
6. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture and turn the remaining into the prepared baking pan and press firmly and evenly.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes then remove from oven.
8. In the mean time, in a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
9. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
10. Add eggs, one at a time and beat until incorporated into the creamed mixture.
11. Stir lemon juice and vanilla into the creamed mixture.
12. Spread this mixture over crust.
13. Sprinkle reserved crust mixture evenly over batter.
14. Bake for about 25 minutes until top is golden.
15. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the crushed candies on top.
16. Let cool to room temperature then cover pan with foil and refrigerate overnight.
17. Carefully invert brownies.
18. Cut into squares, bars or diamonds.
19. Place in foil lined pastry cases and serve or wrap and include in food gift hampers.