Crunchy Buttery Chocolate Bars
|Canned chow mein noodles||8 1⁄2 Ounce (5 Cups)|
|Peanuts||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chocolate covered crispy peanut buttery candy bars||12 1⁄2 Ounce, coarsely chopped (6 Pieces, 2.1 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Creamy peanut butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate morsels package||24 Ounce, melted (2 Packages, 12 Ounce Each, About 4 Cups)|
1. Grease well a 15-inch x 10-inch Swiss roll tin with butter.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the noodles, peanuts and chopped peanut candy bars.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and corn syrup
4. Place on a low flame and heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
5. Blend in the peanut butter and take pan off the heat
6. Pour this sauce over the noodle and peanut-candy mixture in the bowl and mix thoroughly
7. Turn into the prepared tin spread evenly, pressing firmly into the pan.
8. Pour the melted chocolate on top and spread in an even layer using a spatula or palette knife.
9. Allow the chocolate to set for about 4 hours.
10. Cut into squares, bars or diamonds.
11. Place in foil lined pastry cases and serve or wrap and include in food gift hampers.