|Quick oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Softened milk free margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apricot preserves||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
1) Set the oven temperature to 400°F before baking.
2) Take a large bowl and blend oats, flour, brown sugar, margarine, wheat germ, baking soda, and salt in it using an electric mixer.
3) Beat the mixture on low speed until it becomes crumbly.
4) In a greased 9 x 13-inch pan, pack the mixture, saving 2 cups for later use.
5) Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven until lightly brown.
6) Take off the mixture from oven and allow cooling slightly.
7) Fill with apricot preserves, allowing the filling to come within 1/4 inch of the sides.
8) Top with remaining crumb mixture evenly, pressing it lightly with the back of a spoon.
9) Again bake for 25-30 minutes in oven until golden brown.
10) Slice on cooling and serve at once.