|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornflakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apples||10 , sliced|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a mixing bowl, add flour, shortening, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt and mix well as for pie crust.
2) Pour the egg yolk into a cup.
3) Add enough milk to equal 2/3 cup liquid.
4) Add the milk mix into the dough.
5) Roll out half the dough and place on a large cookie sheet.
6) Top with cornflakes.
7) Arrange apples over the top.
8) Mix 1 cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the mix over.
9) Roll out the remaining dough.
10) Place over the apples to form the top crust.
11) Pinch the edges together to form a seal.
12) In a bowl, add the egg white and whisk till stiff.
13) Use this mix to brush over the top crust.
14) Place in the oven at 350 degrees and allow to bake for 1 hour.
15) Combine powdered sugar and enough water to make of spreading consistency.
16) Spread icing over the hot pastry.
17) Cut and keep aside till serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4686 Calories from Fat 1971
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 223 g343.2%
Saturated Fat 57.9 g289.7%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 234.1 mg78%
Sodium 2436.9 mg101.5%
Total Carbohydrates 647 g215.6%
Dietary Fiber 53.9 g215.7%
Sugars 308.2 g
Protein 53 g106.8%
Vitamin A 42% Vitamin C 131.3%
Calcium 57.2% Iron 172.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet