|Dried apricots||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Confectioner' s sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease a 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan.
3) In a pot, add the apricots with enough water to cover.
4) Boil for 10 minutes, then drain and cool.
5) Chop the apricots.
6) Mix in the butter, sugar, and 1 cup flour till the mix resembles crumbs.
7) Transfer to the pan.
8) Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
9) In a bowl, add the eggs and beat well.
10) Mix in brown sugar and continue beating till well mixed.
11) In a mixing bowl, sift together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt and add to the egg mix.
12) Mix well.
13) Add in the vanilla, pecans, and apricots.
14) Spread over the baked layer.
15) Place in the oven for another 30 minutes.
16) Allow to cool in the pan.
17) Cut into 1 x 2-inch bars and roll in confectioners' sugar.
18) Serve as a midday snack.