Spicy Wheat Germ Squares
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Cream butter and sugar till it becomes light and fluffy.
3) Beat in molasses and eggs until smooth.
4) Add water to this and mix well.
5) Mix the next 8 ingredients and add well to the molasses mixture.
6) Add in almonds and stir.
7) Take a greased 13-x 9- x 2-inch baking pan and spread the mixture evenly in it.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes and allow cooling.
9) Cut the baked mixture to 2-inch squares.
10) Serve hot.