Chewy Peanut Bars
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Creamy peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped salted peanuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate bars||1 Ounce, broken|
1) In a large bowl, place the butter and put in the microwave. Set it at HIGH and heat butter for 45 to 60 seconds or till it has melted.
2) Add peanut butter and brown sugar and mix well.
3) Add Vi cup peanuts, flour, eggs, salt, baking powder and vanilla and stir the concoction well.
4) Grease a square baking dish of 8-inches and spoon the mixture into it.
5) Shield corners with foil triangles. Ensure that the foil is kept smooth and close to the dish.
6) Set microwave at MEDIUM HIGH and heat mixture for 4 minutes. Give the baking dish a half turn, set the microwave at HIGH and heat for 3 to 6 minutes more or till the top is almost dry.
7) Remove dish from the microwave and place the mixture on a foil sheet.
8) Immediately top with the chocolate pieces and let the concoction stand for 5 minutes. Evenly spread the melted chocolate over the top. Sprinkle with all the remaining nuts.
9) Allow the chocolate to cool and then cut into neat squares.
10) Serve chilled.