Date Oat Bars
|Pitted dates||16 Ounce, coarsely chopped (Two 8 Ounce Packages)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Finely chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a large bowl, combine the dates and flour together. Lightly toss the mixture and set it aside.
2) In a 1-cup glass measure, measure the water and microwave it at HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes or till the water starts boiling.
3) Pour water all over the dates and add the butter, coconut, honey and salt. Stir properly.
4) Microwave mixture at HIGH for about 2 or 3 minutes or till the concoction has thickened, stirring at an interval of every 1 minute.
5) To the date mixture, add oats, pecans and vanilla. Mix properly.
6) Butter and 9-inch square baking pan and spoon the mixture into it.
7) Press mixture gently and chill till it has set.
8) Cut into neat bars.
9) Serve chilled.
The bars should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.