Fruit Oat and Seed Bars
|Muscovado sugar||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Golden syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Rolled oats||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Raisins/Sultanas||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Walnut||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Sesame seeds/Mixed seeds||2 Ounce, mixed (50 Gram)|
|Dried cranberries||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Apricots||2 Ounce, finely chopped (50 Gram)|
1) Pre- heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas mark 3.
2) In a pan, gently melt the butter, the sugar and the golden syrup. Heat till a nice syrup is formed.
3) Add in the oats, raisins, walnuts, seeds and cranberries into the sugary butter syrup. Stir to coat them all in syrup.
4)Take a tray-bake tin about 23 x 23cm and spread over half the oaty mix into it. Sprinkle the apricots on top to form a loose layer. Top the apricot layer with the oaty mix to form the third layer.
6) Press down the layers to tightly pack with a metal spoon. Bake for 35 minutes till it turns into dark golden hue.
7) Remove from heat and let it cool completely. Then, cut the slab into into 16 bars with a sharp knife.