Sugar Dusted Bars
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cooked prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted and chopped|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Beat eggs lightly. Add sugar gradually and beat to a light colored thick mixture.
3. Sieve flour along with baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and salt and fold into the egg mixture slowly.
4. Fold in the raisins, prunes, walnuts, apricots and rind.
5. Take a 9” X 14” pan, grease it and pour in the mixture.
6. Bake for 40 minutes and cool.
7. Make into squares or bars, roll in the confectioners' sugar and serve.