|For cookie crust|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For walnut filling|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Make Cookie Crust: In small bowl, with wooden spoon, cream butter with sugar until fluffy. With hands, work in flour until mixture is smooth.
3. Pat into bottom of an ungreased 9-by-9-by-l 3/4-inch pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or just until golden. Let cool.
4. Increase oven temperature to 375F.
5. Make Walnut Filling: In medium bowl with rotary beater, beat eggs until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar.
6. Add vanilla, flour, salt, and baking powder, beating just until combined. Stir in walnuts.
7. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Bake 20 minutes, or until browned and firm to the touch. Let cool.