Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars
|Crunchy peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Icing sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From A 6 Ounce Package)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine peanut butter, butter or margarine and vanilla in a large bowl; beat with electric mixer until well blended; beat in sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time.
2. Stir in flour and salt just until well blended; spread batter in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
3. Bake on moderate oven (350°) 35 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly touched with fingertip. Remove pan from oven to wire rack; cool slightly.
4. Drizzle sugar icing from a spoon over still-warm cookies in pan; swirl with bowl of spoon to make a random pattern.
5. Melt chocolate with shortening in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Drizzle chocolate over top of cookies to make a black-and-white pattern. When cool, use a sharp knife to cut into 36 rectangles. Carefully lift the cookies out of pan with a wide spatula.
Calories 1363 Calories from Fat 611
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.2%
Saturated Fat 27.9 g139.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 239.2 mg79.7%
Sodium 644.9 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g56.2%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 134 g
Protein 24 g47.8%
Vitamin A 22.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.7% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet