Apricot bars are crispy and nice. They can make a part of your weight loss diet plan. Apricot bars are nutritious and rich source of vitamin E, manganese and contain essential calories. Apricot bars rate highest on world healthiest foods rating.
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well incorporated.
3. Break in the egg and beat well to mix.
4. Add in flour little at a time and beating well after each addition.
5. Add in baking powder and vanilla and mix well.
6. Add in the coconut and pecans. Mix all together with a wooden spoon or by hand.
7. In a 9” X 13” baking pan put half of the coconut mixture and press evenly on the bottom.
8. Spread apricot jam evenly over the coconut mixture.
9. Crumble and spread remaining crust of the top of the jam and press down lightly.
10. Bake in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until light brown on top.
11. Remove the baking pan from the oven allow to cool slightly and cut into bars or squares.
12. Serve warm or wait until it cools and serve cold with whipped cream or ice-cream.
If you are on a weight loss diet plan and still want to enjoy a dessert, then this recipe is just perfect for you. View this outstanding video that shows an easy recipe for apricot bars that are nutritious and rated as one of the worlds healthiest foods. Give it a try...