Peanut Butter Bars
|Crunchy peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted 10x confectioners powdered sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From A 6 Ounce Package)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine peanut butter, butter or margarine and vanilla in a large bowl; beat until well blended; beat in brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time.
2. Stir in flour and salt just until well blended; spread batter in a greased, 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 35 minutes, or until the center springs back when lightly touched with fingertip. Remove pan from oven to wire rack; cool slightly.
4. Combine 10X sugar with water in a small bowl; stir until smooth; drizzle from a spoon over still-warm cookies in pan; swirl with bowl of spoon in random pattern.
5. Melt chocolate with shortening in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat. Drizzle over the white glaze for a black-and-white pattern. When cool, cut into 36 rectangles, using a sharp knife. Carefully lift out of pan with spatula.