Peach Butter Bars
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peaches||1 Cup (16 tbs), snipped|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Mix 1 cup flour and the sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the particles formed are the size of small peas. Turn into a lightly greased 8-inch square glass baking dish and press firmly into an even layer over bottom of dish.
2. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 3 1/2 minutes at BAKE; rotate dish one-half turn after 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, blend remaining 1/3 cup flour, the baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. Beat eggs with vanilla extract. Add brown sugar gradually, beating until thick. Stir in the flour mixture, peaches and nuts.
5. Remove dish from oven; turn the peach mixture onto the baked layer and spread evenly.
6. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 6 minutes at BAKE; rotate dish one-quarter turn twice. Cook 4 to 5 minutes at HIGH, or until mixture begins to pull away from sides (it will still be moist on top); rotate dish one-half turn after 2 minutes.
7. Cool completely on a rack before cutting into bars.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3011 Calories from Fat 1181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g208.9%
Saturated Fat 64.2 g321.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg221.6%
Sodium 1386.7 mg57.8%
Total Carbohydrates 423 g141%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.7%
Sugars 285.4 g
Protein 40 g80.1%
Vitamin A 76.2% Vitamin C 18%
Calcium 53.7% Iron 74.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet