Triple Treat Walnut Bars
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted wheat germ||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Instant non fat dry milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Cream butter, cheese and brown sugar in a bowl until light. Add 1 cup whole wheat flour and wheat germ and mix until smooth. Turn into a waxed-paper-lined 2-quart glass baking dish; spread evenly.
2. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 3 minutes at HIGH; rotate dish one-half turn after each minute.
3. Sprinkle chocolate over layer in dish. Heat uncovered in microwave oven 1 minute at HIGH, or until chocolate softens, then spread it evenly over baked layer.
4. Combine eggs and honey; beat just until well blended. Add 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, dry milk, salt, spices and walnuts; mix well. Spoon over chocolate.
5. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 7 to 11 minutes at BAKE, or until done; rotate dish one-half turn after 5 minutes.
6. Cool, turn out of dish, peel off paper and then cut into bars or diamonds.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5109 Calories from Fat 2559
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 289 g444.9%
Saturated Fat 100.5 g502.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 768.2 mg256.1%
Sodium 1609 mg67%
Total Carbohydrates 552 g183.8%
Dietary Fiber 52.1 g208.2%
Sugars 323.3 g
Protein 117 g233.6%
Vitamin A 88.1% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 94.6% Iron 125.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet