Chocolate Nut Bars
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Rolled oats||90 Milliliter (6 Level Tablespoon)|
|Soft tub margarine||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Vanilla flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||70 Gram (Size 2)|
|Plain chocolate||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Chopped mixed nuts||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
1. Grease a 23 X 18 cm (9 X 7 inch) shallow, rectangular ovenproof glass dish.
2. Put the flour in a large bowl and mix in the oats.
3. Beat together the margarine, sugars, salt, vanilla flavouring and egg until they are pale and fluffy. Add the flour and oats and thoroughly mix the ingredients together.
4. Spread the mixture in the prepared dish and smooth the top. Microwave on HIGH for 4-5 minutes until it is cooked, when a wooden cocktail stick or skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Give the dish a quarter turn three times during the cooking time.
5. Allow the cake to stand in the dish for 3-5 minutes before turning it out on to a rack to cool.
6. Break the chocolate into pieces and put them in a small ovenproof glass bowl. Microwave on LOW for 3 minutes until the chocolate becomes soft and glossy on top and stir it well until it is smooth.
7. Spread the melted chocolate over the cooled cake and sprinkle it with the nuts. Cut the cake into 16 bars just before the chocolate sets.