Ok, this is my Gogo’s recipe and it’s absolutely out of this world! I can’t get enough of these things and it’s super simple to do.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
36 Tablespoon (2 cups for crust and 4 tablespoons for filling)
Confectioner s sugar
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Medium, zested and juiced
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
For the crust
2. Cut the butter into pieces and put it into a bowl.
3. Put in 2 cups of flour and powdered sugar.
4. Rub the butter in flour with fingers or use food processor, until the mixture is course in texture.
5. In a 9 x 13” pan, put the flour mixture, press it on the bottom with your fingers.
6. Bake in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown in colour.
For the filling
7. Meanwhile in a bowl, break the eggs and whisk together; add in lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, 4-tablespoons of flour, baking powder, and salt.
8. Whisk all the ingredients together until incorporated.
9. Once the crust is ready, remove, fill with the egg mixture, no need to cool the crust and bake for another 25 minutes.
10. Remove the pan out of oven and sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar on top.
11. Allow to cool completely and cut into bars.
Wow you friend with a delectably tart rich confection this feast day. Crispy shortbread crust topped with lip-smacking lemon filling makes for a toothsome indulgence. And added to it, this simple dessert just takes a few minutes to prepare. Stream this video and get making this dessert at home.