Mixed Fruit Bars
|Mixed dried fruits||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , slightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans/Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cook fruit according to package directions. Drain, cool, and chop.
2. Mix butter, granulated sugar, and 2 cups flour until mixture is crumbly. Press into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
3. Bake at 350°F 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Sift remaining 2/3 cup flour with baking powder and salt. Gradually beat brown sugar into eggs. Add flour mixture; mix well. Add vanilla extract, nuts, and fruit. Spread over baked base.
5. Bake at 350°F 40 to 45 minutes, or until browned. Cool, cut into bars, and dust with confectioners' sugar
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7321 Calories from Fat 3704
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 419 g645.1%
Saturated Fat 151.3 g756.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1329.7 mg443.2%
Sodium 2539.5 mg105.8%
Total Carbohydrates 782 g260.5%
Dietary Fiber 62.8 g251.3%
Sugars 487.5 g
Protein 156 g312.1%
Vitamin A 155.2% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 93.5% Iron 189.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet