Semi Sweet Orange Bars
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
2. Beat Shortening and brown sugar until fluffy in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed; beat in egg, 1 tablespoon of the orange rind, 3/4 cup orange juice and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
3. Stir in flour mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth; stir in chocolate pieces until well blended. Spread into a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
4. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
5. While cake cools, combine 10X sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon orange rind and 2 tablespoons orange juice in a small bowl until well blended. Drizzle over cake. Cool completely in pan. Cut into 48 bars.