Semi Sweet Orange Bars
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
2. Beat Shortening and brown sugar until fluffy in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed; beat in egg, 1 tablespoon of the orange rind, 3/4 cup orange juice and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
3. Stir in flour mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth; stir in chocolate pieces until well blended. Spread into a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
4. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
5. While cake cools, combine 10X sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon orange rind and 2 tablespoons orange juice in a small bowl until well blended. Drizzle over cake. Cool completely in pan. Cut into 48 bars.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4137 Calories from Fat 1390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 158 g242.7%
Saturated Fat 57.5 g287.5%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1684.9 mg70.2%
Total Carbohydrates 659 g219.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.8%
Sugars 481.3 g
Protein 28 g55.6%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 248%
Calcium 80.7% Iron 68.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet