Butterscotch Nut Bars
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple/Maple flavor syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||16 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Shredded coconut||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat first 5 ingredients, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, and 4 tablespoons butter or margarine until blended. Wrap dough; refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat sugar, maple syrup, 1 cup butter or margarine (2 sticks), and 3/4 cup packed brown sugar to boiling, stirring occasionally; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pat dough into bottom of 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan. Prick dough all over with fork to prevent puffing during baking. Bake crust 10 minutes.
4. Remove jelly-roll pan from oven. Stir walnuts, coconut, and cream into mixture in saucepan; spread evenly over baked crust. Bake 35 minutes longer or until slightly firm around the edge (center will still be liquid). Let cool in pan on wire rack.
5. When cold, cut lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 16 bars. Store in tightly covered container.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8352 Calories from Fat 5509
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 642 g988.4%
Saturated Fat 234.5 g1172.3%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 898.4 mg299.5%
Sodium 372.9 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 631 g210.4%
Dietary Fiber 45.7 g182.7%
Sugars 413.9 g
Protein 102 g204.3%
Vitamin A 164.9% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 91.3% Iron 154.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet