M And M's Bars
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Candy||14 Ounce ((M&amp;M))|
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce|
1. In a very large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, oats, pecans, soda, and salt.
2. Add 1 cup butter and mix well. (The mixture will be crumbly. Mixing with your hands works best.)
3. Reserve 1 cups crumbs for topping. Press remaining crumbs into an ungreased 15-inch by 10-inch baking pan or baking dish.
4. Bake 10 minutes at 375 degrees (F).
5. While crust is baking, mix 2 tablespoons butter with 1 cups M & Ms. Place over low heat.
6. Melt butter and break up M & Ms with the back of a spoon. Chocolate will melt and pieces of color will remain.
7. Remove from heat and stir in sweetened condensed milk.
8. Spread this mixture over partially baked crust.
9. Combine reserved crumbs and remaining M & Ms.
10. Sprinkle this mixture over chocolate layer and press in lightly.
11. Bake for 20 minutes more, or just until golden. Cool thoroughly and cut into bars (rectangles or squaresor even triangles!).
12. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 1122 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.4%
Saturated Fat 25 g125%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg32.3%
Sodium 581.7 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 153 g51%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 75.9 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet