Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
|For vegan chocolate chip pumpkin bars:|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon (I use half and half saigon and ceylon)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg replacer||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned pumpkin puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegan buttery stick||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At room temperature (I used Earth Balance) You will also need a bit more to grease the pan)|
|Apple sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegan sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegan chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs) (at room temperature)|
|For vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cream cheese frosting:|
|Vegan buttery stick||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed (at room tempature)|
|Vegan chocolate chips||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), chopped into bits in food processor|
|Powdered sugar||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Vegan milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (unsweetened, approximately)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegan cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (I used Daiya, I like the tanginess)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon (I use half and half saigon and ceylon)|
|Canned pumpkin puree||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease pan with buttery stick.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, egg replacer and sift well.
- In another bowl, mix pumpkin, earth balance, apple sauce, sugar and flour mixture.
- Fold in until combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and pop into oven.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. Once done, allow to cool on wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine earth balance, vanilla, cream cheese, cinnamon, pumpkin and mix using electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and once incorporated add vegan milk.
- Mix well and then add chopped chocolate.
- Apply frosting as shown in the video and chill until set.
- Cut as desired once done.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.5%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.05 mg0.02%
Sodium 773.6 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 84.7 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 148.5% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet