Bananas Flambe Dessert Cocktail - The Aubergine Chef
|For banana white choclolate mousse|
|Egg yolk||1 Medium|
|Ripe banana||2 Ounce, mashed|
|Melted white chocolate||3 Ounce|
|Whole milk||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||7 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Dash|
|Banana liqueur||2 Ounce|
|For rum pastry cream|
|Whole milk||9 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce (1 ounce to be added to the cornflour and egg mixture)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dark rum||2 Ounce|
|Caramel sauce||2 Ounce|
|Banana||1⁄4 Small, sliced diagonally|
|Meringue mix||4 Tablespoon|
For Banana white chocolate mousse:
1. In a small bowl, mix together water and gelatin and let it soak for 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together ripe banana with egg yolk, until well mixed.
3. In a microwave proof bowl, put white chocolate and melt it in microwave.
4. In a mixer bowl, beat together cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract, on medium speed until it gets soft peak consistency.
5. Melt the gelatin mixture in microwave for 20 seconds.
6. In a small saucepan, heat milk and bring it to boil, remove.
7. Add the white chocolate to hot milk and stir to mix.
8. Slowly stream the mix mixture into the banana mixture, whisking continuously.
8. Whisk in the gelatin mixture and banana liqueur.
9. Place the bowl over ice bath and allow it to cool.
10. After the mixture cools down, lightly fold in whipped cream little at a time.
11. In glasses, pour the milk cream mixture evenly about 2 ounces in each.
12. Put the glasses in refrigerator and chill it for about 40 to 60 minutes.
For rum pastry cream:
13. In a bowl, mix cinnamon powder and rum.
14. In a saucepan, heat milk and 1 ounce of granulated sugar, and bring to a boil.
15. In a bowl, whisk together 1 ounce of granulated sugar, cornstarch and egg, until sugar melts.
16. Once the milk comes to boil, add the milk to egg mixture whisking continuously.
17. Return the egg milk mixture to saucepan and heat to boil stirring continuously over low heat for 4 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
18. Add butter and whisk to mix.
19. Pour in the rum mixture and stir to mix.
20. Transfer the milk mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
21. Sprinkle banana slices with sugar.
22. Using blowtorch to caramelize the banana slices.
23. Spoon 3 ounces of pastry cream over chocolate mousse.
24. Drizzle caramel sauce on top.
25. Pipe meringue mix on top of chocolate mousse and serve cold garnished with caramelized banana slices.
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.2 mg40.1%
Sodium 208.3 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet