Low Carb Banana Flip
|Almond flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon (5 tbsp. for the flip and remaining for the filling)|
|Splenda||3 Cup (48 tbs), granular (2/4 cup for the flip and remaining for the filling)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon (1 tsp. for the flip and remaining for the filling)|
|Whey protein powder||1 Cup (16 tbs) (vanilla flavor)|
|Heavy cream||6 Tablespoon (5 tbsp. for the flip and remaining for the filling)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Banana extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow food color||2 Drop|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda.
4. To the stand mixer bowl, add butter, splenda, egg, vanilla, vanilla whey protein powder. Beat the batter together until well-combined.
5. In a small bowl, add cream and water, and stir.
6. Turn on stand mixer to low speed, and alternate adding a portion of flour mixture and wet ingredients until all are combined.
7. Scrape down sides of mixer, and mix for another 20 seconds on medium.
8. In a second stand mixer bowl, add cream cheese, splenda, vanilla, banana extract, butter, yellow food coloring, and heavy cream. Whip the ingredients together.
9. Using a tablespoon portion out dollops on the parchment lined sheet pan.
10. Bake in oven for 9 minutes at 350 degrees.
11. Only do one pan at a time, refrigerate the batter in between batches. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Move the finished cakes to a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes. Repeat process for remaining batter.
12. Match the banana flip cakes with similarly sized cakes.
13. Take the bottom, and spread the filling on top. Place top cake on filling, and press top cake down.
14. Serve Banana Flip for dessert and enjoy!
Calories 880 Calories from Fat 580
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.6%
Saturated Fat 42.9 g214.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 182.2 mg60.7%
Sodium 731 mg30.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 59 g117.7%
Vitamin A 32.9% Vitamin C 0.94%
Calcium 15% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet