Creamy Banana Muffins
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1.5 Stick At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour/All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar.
3. Add 3 bananas and mash with a fork, thoroughly mixing but making sure to leave small pieces of banana in mixture.
4. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
5. In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and thoroughly combine. Add heavy cream or buttermilk and mix thoroughly.
7. Pour this mixture into a non-stick muffin pan until each one is about ¾ full.
8. In a small bowl, mix milk and cream cheese until it resembles cottage cheese.
9. Cut the 4th banana into small 1-inch pieces and slide into the center of the batter of each muffin.
10. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture on top of the banana bread mixture. Fill in the surrounding space of each muffin with any remaining batter.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
11. Let rest for about 20-30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!