|Custard powder||3 Tablespoon (Bird's English)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For crumble topping|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter||3 Tablespoon, chilled, diced|
|Slivered blanched almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft light brown sugar/Coffee crystals||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Slice bananas.
3) In a small bowl, mix together custard powder with the sugar and 3 tablespoons of milk until smooth.
4) In a saucepan boil milk and mix it with custard mixture. Put this mixture in the pan and bring to a boil. Stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and add lemon rind.
5) Take a 2-quart baking dish and put the banana slices in it. Sprinkle lemon juice and pour prepared custard. Mix lightly but thoroughly together and then level the surface.
6) Put the dish in the oven to keep warm.
7) To make the crumble topping, in a wide bowl, sift the flour and add the margarine and cut it in until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
8) Add sugar and sprinkle it over banana custard to cover surface completely.
9) Spread slivered almonds and the brown sugar over the top.
10) Bake the custard for 30 minutes, until the topping is cooked and lightly browned.
11) Serve banana crumble hot or cold fresh.