Fried Bananas As A Vegetable
|Green tipped bananas||2 , peeled and sliced lengthwise and half crosswise (firm)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Dredge flour on a sheet of waxed paper.
2) Roll the bananas in flour to coat well.
3) In a pan or top part of chafing dish, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter.
4) Put in the bananas and cook until golden browned, flip to brown other side, mix remaining butter.
5) The bananas after cooking should be heated through but not mushy.
6) Dredge the bananas lightly with salt.
7) Serve hot with ham, pork or poultry, as desired.