Fried Bananas As A Vegetable
|Green tipped bananas||2 , peeled and sliced lengthwise and half crosswise (firm)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Dredge flour on a sheet of waxed paper.
2) Roll the bananas in flour to coat well.
3) In a pan or top part of chafing dish, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter.
4) Put in the bananas and cook until golden browned, flip to brown other side, mix remaining butter.
5) The bananas after cooking should be heated through but not mushy.
6) Dredge the bananas lightly with salt.
7) Serve hot with ham, pork or poultry, as desired.
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg20.2%
Sodium 201.2 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 36.6% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet