Broiler Banana Splits
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn flakes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or As Required)|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Peel and halve the bananas lengthwise, then halve crosswise.
3) In a shallow pan, place the bananas and brush with lemon juice.
4) In a saucepan, melt the butter, then stir in sugar and cream.
5) Stir continuously and cook until the mixture is bubbly.
6) Remove from heat, stir in the cornflakes and mix thoroughly.
7) Spoon the mixture evenly over the bananas.
8) Broil 5 inches from heat for about 2 minutes, until bubbly.
9) Spoon the Broiler Banana Splits into dishes, top with ice cream scoops and serve immediately.