Yogurt And Banana Ginger Nut Ginger Snap
|Gingernut biscuits||6 Ounce, crushed (175 g)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, melted (50 g)|
|Ripe bananas||6 Medium, peeled|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄3 Can (3.33 oz), chilled (1/2 small can)|
|Natural yogurt||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|Ripe banana||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
1) Grease a 8 inch flan ring placed on a baking sheet and line with a greased parchment paper.
2) In a bowl, combine all the flan ingredients together, mix thoroughly.
3) Press the mixture into the prepared flan ring, then refrigerate until set.
4) Puree the bananas in an electric blender or rub through a sieve and immediately stir in the lemon juice.
5) In a bowl, beat the evaporated milk until thick, then fold into the banana puree along with the yogurt.
6) In a heatproof bowl, soak the gelatine in water, then stir over a pan of hot water over a low heat, until the gelatine is dissolved.
7) Allow to slightly cool, then stir into the banana mixture.
8) Spoon the mixture into the flan case and refrigerate until set.
9) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Freeze, then remove the flan ring and paper, place in a freezer bag seal, label and freeze.
10) Garnish the Yogurt and Banana Gingernut Gingersnap with the banana slices and rosettes of whipped cream and serve.
11) If using the frozen dish, unwrap, then thaw at room temperature for 4 hours and serve as indicated in step 10.