Bananas With Orange
|Bananas||4 Large (Or 8 Small)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , juiced and finely grated rind|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Peel the bananas.
2) Use lemon juice to brush the bananas and place aside to absorb lemon flavor for a few minutes.
3) In a large, heavy frying pan, add butter to melt down.
4) Pour in orange juice and add rind and sugar.
5) Place the heat on low to stir the mixture until the sugar dissolved.
6) Place the bananas one after another in the pan.
7) Gently brown these by not burning the sauce or overcooking the bananas.
8) Serve the bananas immediately on a serving platter.
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 3.9 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.9%
Sugars 45.9 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 132%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet