|Bananas||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Large Pieces, Just Ripe)|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Slice the bananas neatly into 1/4-inch rounds.
2. In a shallow glass serving dish, arrange half the rounds close together.
3. Sprinkle half the ginger on them and repeat with the second layer of bananas.
4. In a saucepan, mix the sugar and water and simmer for 3 minutes, until the sugar dissolves.
5. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice to this.
6. Pour the syrup over the bananas in the serving dish and cool.
7. Serve chilled.
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.58 g0.89%
Saturated Fat 0.2 g0.98%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.9 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 33.5 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 30.5%
Calcium 1% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet