|Bananas||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Large Pieces, Just Ripe)|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Slice the bananas neatly into 1/4-inch rounds.
2. In a shallow glass serving dish, arrange half the rounds close together.
3. Sprinkle half the ginger on them and repeat with the second layer of bananas.
4. In a saucepan, mix the sugar and water and simmer for 3 minutes, until the sugar dissolves.
5. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice to this.
6. Pour the syrup over the bananas in the serving dish and cool.
7. Serve chilled.