|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||2 Large (Firm)|
1. In a medium (1 ½ quart) microwave proof casserole, combine rum, brown sugar and butter.
2. Cover dish with glass lid or with plastic wrap and place in the microwave.
3. Heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring twice during cooking.
4. In the meanwhile, peel and slice bananas lengthwise and then cut each into half.
5. Arrange the 8 banana pieces in a single layer over the syrup, spooning the syrup over each until glazed.
6. Return to microwave and cook for another 2 minutes until bananas are caramelized and hot.
7. In 2 serving dishes, place 4 quarters of banana, spooning the hot rum sauce over the,
8. You can also serve the warm bananas over ice cream if you like
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg20.2%
Sodium 21.1 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 79.3 g
Protein 2 g5%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 29%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet