1. In a medium (1 ½ quart) microwave proof casserole, combine rum, brown sugar and butter.
2. Cover dish with glass lid or with plastic wrap and place in the microwave.
3. Heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring twice during cooking.
4. In the meanwhile, peel and slice bananas lengthwise and then cut each into half.
5. Arrange the 8 banana pieces in a single layer over the syrup, spooning the syrup over each until glazed.
6. Return to microwave and cook for another 2 minutes until bananas are caramelized and hot.
7. In 2 serving dishes, place 4 quarters of banana, spooning the hot rum sauce over the,
8. You can also serve the warm bananas over ice cream if you like