|Pineapple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) From each banana, remove the stem end with the help of a sharp knife.
3) Down the length of each banana, remove a 1-inch wide strip of peel.
4) Combine together the pineapple juice, honey and nutmeg in a small bowl.
5) Use the juice mixture to brush the exposed banana flesh.
6) In a shallow baking dish, arrange the bananas.
7) Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes, occasionally basting with the juice, till the bananas are tender.
8) Serve as preferred.
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.47 g0.73%
Saturated Fat 0.18 g0.88%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.6 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet