Kaya Warathathu Banana Fry
|Banana||1⁄2 Kilogram (not too mature)|
|Coconut oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for frying)|
1. Pare the bananas, wash and dry well.
2. Slice into thin, round sections of even thickness.
3. Deep fry the slices in hot oil till crisp.
4. Sprinkle a little salt water in the oil. Stir again so that the salt is evenly absorbed by the chips. When the spluttering subsides, remove the chips from the oil, place in a strainer and let the oil drain away.
5. When cool, store in airtight containers to keep fresh and crisp.
Calories 2085 Calories from Fat 1870
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 217 g333.8%
Saturated Fat 187.2 g936.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 196.3 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 30.6 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 36.3%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet