Baked Banana Dessert
|Bananas||6 Large, halved lengthwise|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Cointreau/Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Coat bananas with lemon juice to prevent browning.
2. Arrange bananas in an oven dish.
3. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger with the Cointreau or orange juice.
4. Pour mixture over bananas.
5. Dot with butter.
6. Cook on high for 2-3minutes. Rearrange bananas and cook a further 2-3 minutes or until bananas are tender.
7. Toast almonds by cooking on high for 1 -2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
8. Sprinkle toasted almonds over bananas and serve hot with cream or ice-cream.