Indian Potato Balls
|Potatoes||2 , boiled and mashed|
|Coriander powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1⁄4 , grated|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chick pea flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Mash two boiled potatoes in a bowl.
2. Add a pinch of turmeric, spices, salt, chili powder, lemon juice, garlic and ginger.
3. Mix well so that all spices are blended well in the potatoes. Make balls from it and keep it aside.
4. In a bowl, take chick pea flour.
5. Add salt and chili powder and mix well and ensure that there are no lumps in the flour.
6. Add water and mix all the ingredients to prepare a paste. Ensure that the batter is free flowing and not too watery or thick.
7. In a pan, heat oil.
8. Coat the potato balls in the chick pea paste such that it evenly coats all sides.
9. Add the ball to the pan and make sure it's cooked to a golden brown. Make sure the oil is hot, but too hot or the ball with become dark brown.
10. When the balls are golden brown, let them drain on a towel to get rid of the excess oil.
11. Serve Indian potato balls with chutney or ketchup or have it as it is.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 710 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 0.91 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 507.6 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g44.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.4%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 36% Vitamin C 145.5%
Calcium 13% Iron 51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet