Bitter Chocolate Almond Balls
|Whole natural almonds||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon (for sprinkling)|
1. Lightly toast about 1 cup almonds, and grind the remaining 1 cup almond till finely ground.
2. In a bowl, add ground almonds, cocoa, orange peel, enough honey to make the mixture stiff.
3. Cover and chill the mixture in refrigerator
4. Shape the chilled mixture into round balls 1-inch diam
5. Roll them in powdered sugar.
6. Garnish each ball with a toasted almond, serve cool.