Bitter Chocolate Almond Balls
|Whole natural almonds||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon (for sprinkling)|
1. Lightly toast about 1 cup almonds, and grind the remaining 1 cup almond till finely ground.
2. In a bowl, add ground almonds, cocoa, orange peel, enough honey to make the mixture stiff.
3. Cover and chill the mixture in refrigerator
4. Shape the chilled mixture into round balls 1-inch diam
5. Roll them in powdered sugar.
6. Garnish each ball with a toasted almond, serve cool.
Calories 1321 Calories from Fat 651
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.1%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4.5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.5%
Dietary Fiber 41.7 g166.7%
Sugars 74.4 g
Protein 43 g85%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 6.3%
Calcium 38.6% Iron 31.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet