Pineapple Cheese Ball
|Finely chopped green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese/Light cream cheese such as neufchatel||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned pineapple||8 Ounce, well drained (1 Can)|
|Unsalted sunflower seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, place together bell peppers, carrots, cream cheese and pineapple, and mix well.
2) Wrap the bowl, and place in refrigerator for 1 hour or until chilled and firm.
3) On a plastic film or waxed paper, shape the pineapple mixture into a ball.
4) Roll the pineapple ball into sunflower seeds.
5) Cover and place in refrigerator.
6) Serve cold with wheat crackers or melba toast as desired.
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.6%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.4 mg20.8%
Sodium 188.8 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 46.5% Vitamin C 12.2%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet