Sesame Cheese Ball
|Sesame seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef base||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Medium sharp cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In the preheated oven, toast the sesame seeds for about 15 minutes, or till lightly browned.
3) In lemon juice, soak the onion and beef flavour base.
4) Grate the cheese.
5) Mix together all the ingredients, except for the sesame seed, till thoroughly blended.
6) Shape the mixture into a ball.
7) On waxed paper, spread the toasted sesame seed and roll the cheese ball in the seeds till the outside is coated.
8) Chill the prepared cheese ball.
9) Put the cheese ball on a decorative serving tray, with a cheese knife, and serve as a part treat. Can also be served as a dip with assorted crackers and Melba toast. To make a good appetizer, spread the cheese ball on toast rounds and broil till the cheese has melted.