Deep Fried Cheese Balls
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required For Deep Frying)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Tablespoon (As Desired)|
1) In a large saucepan, heat the milk to warm.
2) To this, gradually stir in the flour. Make sure that no lumps are formed.
3) To this, add the butter.
4) When the mixture thickens, remove from the heat.
5) Now, add the cheese and mix well.
6) To this, add salt, cayenne pepper and the beaten eggs.
7) Let the mixture cool well. When cooled, you should be able to form balls out of the mixture.
8) Now, in the pan, heat the oil to 350° F.
9) Make lemon-sized balls from the mixture and drop them in the oil, a few at a time. This recipe makes 24 such balls.
10) Deep fry the balls for 2 minutes, until golden brown on all sides.
11) Drain on absorbent paper.
12) Serve the Cheese Balls immediately with tomato sauce on the side.
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.1 mg55.7%
Sodium 267.3 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 23.8% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet