|Firmly packed soft dark brown sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram, 3/4 Cup)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon (Extract)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Pinch|
|Butter||1 Ounce, melted (25 Gram, 2 Tablespoon)|
|Pecan nuts||4 Ounce (115 Gram, 1 Cup)|
|Cream cheese||14 Ounce (400 Gram, 1 3/4 Cups)|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (All Purpose, 1 Cup, 115 Gram)|
1. Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease two 12-cup mini muffin or cupcake tins. To make the pastry, cut the butter and cream cheese into pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Sift over the flour and mix to a smooth dough.
2. Roll out the dough thinly, then, using a 6cm/2 1/2in fluted pastry cutter, stamp out 24 rounds. Line the mini muffin cups with the rounds and chill.
3. To make the filling, whisk the eggs in a bowl. Whisk in the brown sugar, a few tablespoons at a time, then add the vanilla, salt and butter. Set aside.
4. Reserve 24 undamaged pecan halves for the decoration and chop the rest.
5. Place a spoonful of chopped nuts in each mini muffin cup and cover with the filling. Set a pecan half on the top of each. Bake on the hot baking sheet for about 20 minutes, until puffed and set. Transfer to a rack to cool. Serve at room temperature.