Deep Fried Carrot Balls
|Ginger root slice||2 (Fresh)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed To Cover)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Scrape carrots. Mince ginger root and scallion stalk.
2. Bring water to a boil. Add carrots and boil, uncovered, until soft but not mushy. Then drain and mash.
3. Blend in salt, ginger root and scallion. Form carrot mixture into walnut-size balls.
4. Heat oil. Deep-fry carrot balls, a few at a time, until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
5. Return carrot balls to oil; deep-fry 1/2 minute more. Drain quickly and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 604 Calories from Fat 415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.3%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1285.7 mg53.6%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.2%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 1518.5% Vitamin C 50.1%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet