Deep Fried Carrot Balls
|Ginger root slice||2 (Fresh)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed To Cover)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Scrape carrots. Mince ginger root and scallion stalk.
2. Bring water to a boil. Add carrots and boil, uncovered, until soft but not mushy. Then drain and mash.
3. Blend in salt, ginger root and scallion. Form carrot mixture into walnut-size balls.
4. Heat oil. Deep-fry carrot balls, a few at a time, until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
5. Return carrot balls to oil; deep-fry 1/2 minute more. Drain quickly and serve.