|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
1. Beat the eggs and stir in the ginger, oil and cognac. Add the flour and stir to make a smooth, soft dough, stiff" enough to handle.
2. Divide the dough into four parts and roll each part into a long rope the thickness of a pencil. Cut the dough into two-inch lengths.
3. Tie each two-inch segment of dough into a knot and press the ends together. Roll each knot gently between the palms of the hands to make it round.
4. In a large kettle, combine the honey, sugar, one cup of water and the ginger. Heat to a rolling boil and drop the rounded knots into it, a few at a time, to prevent lowering the temperature. Cook ten minutes, uncovered, without stirring. Cover and cook thirty to forty minutes in constantly boiling syrup until the balls are a deep, golden brown.
5. Twenty minutes before the balls are done, turn them over in the liquid with a long wooden spoon.
6. When the balls are done, remove the kettle from the heat and pour into it one cup of rapidly boiling water. Turn the teiglach once more with a wooden spoon.
7. Set the kettle aside to cool. Spoon the balls into a crock and pour the syrup over them. If desired, roll each ball in coconut
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6908 Calories from Fat 582
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g100.9%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.8%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 1268.9 mg423%
Sodium 471.1 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1542 g514%
Dietary Fiber 17.2 g68.8%
Sugars 1149 g
Protein 93 g187%
Vitamin A 29.7% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 31% Iron 190.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet