Whole Wheat Baguettes With Sun Dried Tomatoes And Herbs
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Purified water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), warm|
|Whole-wheat flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Or More)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked in 1 cup boiling water|
|Dried rosemary leaves||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Place a pizza stone in the middle rack of the oven and preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl with warm water, dissolve yeast.
3. Mix in whole-wheat flour, 2 /12 cups white flour and salt.
4. Transfer to a floured work surface and knead for about 8 to 10 minutes to sticky, smooth, elastic dough, adding more flour, if required.
5. Transfer to a clean bowl and keep aside for 2 hours, covered, to triple the dough.
6. Saute garlic in a olive oil on low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until they begin coloring.
7. Drain soaking liquid of drained tomatoes. Chop finely.
8. Punch the dough. Scatter garlic along with its cooking oil, herbs, and tomatoes. Knead for even distribution of ingredients.
9. Transfer to a floured surface and halve it. Using floured palms, roll dough into 2 baguettes of 10 inched long.
10. Arrange baguettes on rimless baking sheet or parchment-lined paddle. Using a sharp knife, make 3 diagonal slashes on each loaf.
11. Using a towel, cover, and keep aside for 45 minutes to double the volume.
12. Slide the baguettes with parchment paper in preheat pizza stone or with the baking sheet on oven rack.
13. Bake for about 40 minutes.
14. Transfer to a rack and allow to cool.
15. Serve baguettes with cheese f your choice.
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 422.2 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet