Melting Cheese And Onion Baguettes
|Baguettes||4 , partly baked|
|Tomato relish||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Scallions||8 , trimmed and finely chopped|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Mixed salad greens||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh herbs||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a small sautÃ© pan, melt the butter.
2. Add the scallions and sautÃ© them for a few minutes until limp and lightly browned.
3. Take pan off the heat and keep aside.
4. In a bowl, add the cream cheese and remaining butter and beat with a spoon until creamy and smooth.
5. Stir in the scallions grated cheese, pepper and snipped chives, and blend
6. Slice the baguettes lengthwise in half leaving it attached at one side.
7. Spread the insides of each baguette with tomato relish.
8. Spoon and spread the cheese mixture, dividing it equally between the baguettes. Wrap individually each roll in foil.
9. Place the wrapped baguettes on the barbecue for about 10-15 minutes, turning them occasionally.
10. Take off the grill when the bread is heated and the cheese has melted.
11. Unwrap foil, tucking it around the bread.
12. Serve garnished with mixed salad greens and fresh herbs.